Fight Anduin and the Jailer in the Sepulcher of the First Ones, a new 11-boss raid coming in patch 9.2
Shadowlands patch 9.2 will see players take the fight to the Jailer and his minions for the final time. We’ll chase after him through the sprawling Sepulcher of the First Ones, a new 11-boss raid coming in the Eternity’s End patch 9.2 releasing on February 22, 2022. Know that when I say sprawling, this raid is so large that it even has a flight path in it!
Along our route to go toe-to-toe with Zovaal and stop him from rewriting the laws of the universe, we’ll have to deal with a variety of his minions, and leftovers from the Progenitors who built the place, as well as his unwitting pawn — Anduin. Blizzard has given us a little taste of what we can expect from each of the bosses. There are some really interesting-looking fights in there, and I can’t wait to fight the prototypes of the Shadowlands Pantheon.
- VIGILANT GUARDIAN — This eternal guardian lies in wait, keeping a timeless vigil over the entrance to the Sepulcher of the First Ones.
- SKOLEX, THE INSATIABLE RAVENER — With the Sepulcher of the First Ones vulnerable, devourers swarm in to feed their hunger. Among these aberrations is the ravenous Skolex. As the great worm consumes vast amounts of ephemera, the Sepulcher is thrown out of balance and threatens to collapse upon itself.
- ARTIFICER XY’MOX — After his defeat in Castle Nathria, Artificer Xy’mox sank back into the shadows to plot his next heist. With the Sepulcher of the First Ones now vulnerable, Xy’mox has summoned the full might of the Xy Cartel to plunder the ancient knowledge and powerful relics buried there.
- DAUSEGNE, THE FALLEN ORACLE — Dominated by the Jailer, Dausegne leads the Mawsworn in a battle to gain control of the Forge of Afterlives. The Jailer plans to use its power to unleash an eternity of torment upon all of reality.
- PROTOTYPE PANTHEON — Bereft of the cosmic spirits of the Eternal Ones, these incomplete host bodies can only carry out their base directives without mercy or compassion. With the enemy at the gates, Lihuvim has little choice but to activate these dangerous prototypes.
- LIHUVIM, PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT — With meticulous care, Lihuvim weaves ephemera into being in accordance with the hallowed will of the First Ones. Now this process is threatened as Mawsworn forces seek to claim this power.
- HALONDRUS THE RECLAIMER — For eons Halondrus traversed the cliffs of the Sepulcher of the First Ones, fulfilling its sacred purpose of reclaiming ephemera and returning it to the great cycle. With intruders now throwing this pattern into anarchy, the ancient keeper will do whatever it must to maintain order.
- ANDUIN WRYNN — Controlled by Domination magic, Anduin is being forced to aid the Jailer’s plan to remake reality. As time runs out to stop him, the champions of Azeroth must make a difficult choice: defeat the young king to save the cosmos, or risk everything in order to restore his soul.
- LORDS OF DREAD — Using subterfuge and guile, the nathrezim have worked for eons to bring the Jailer’s plan to fruition. Now, on the brink of their master’s victory, they only need to complete one final task to ensure none are left to resist the new order of the cosmos.
- RYGELON — Drawn to observe the fateful events unfolding within the Sepulcher of the First Ones, Rygelon succumbed to the Jailer’s domination. Now this constellar turns its cosmic power against any who would oppose the Banished One.
- THE JAILER — For untold millennia, the Jailer patiently unfolded his plan to reach the heart of the Sepulcher. Now poised upon the precipice of his final victory, the heroes of Azeroth must rally to prevent the Jailer from dominating all of reality.
The Sepulcher also promises to play with physics as we know it, and while we don’t have any concrete examples of what that means yet, I’m hoping that we get a boss fight arena where we have to split the raid and have half of them fighting on the ceiling upsidedown.
Sepulcher of the First Ones will be released a little differently from previous raids:
RAID UNLOCK SCHEDULE
March 1 – Normal and Heroic difficulties. Note that the last three bosses (Lords of Dread, Rygelon, and The Jailer) will NOT be available in this first week.
March 8 – The remaining three bosses unlock for Normal and Heroic. All bosses are available for Mythic. Raid Finder Wing 1: Ephemeral Plains (Vigilant Guardian, Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener, Artificer Xy’mox, Halondrus the Reclaimer) becomes available.
March 22 – Raid Finder Wing 2: Cornerstone of Creation (Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle, Prototype Pantheon, Lihuvim, Principal Architect) becomes available.
April 5 – Raid Finder Wing 3: Domination’s Grasp (Anduin Wrynn, Lords of Dread, Rygelon) becomes available.
April 19 – Raid Finder Wing 4: The Grand Design (The Jailer) becomes available.
This will hopefully make the final three fights a little more challenging for the World First raiders as they start their race. It’ll also let the story breathe a bit between the second and third week of the patch release.
I can’t wait to see all of the new shiny weapons and armor that we’ll get our hands on from this raid — especially since tier sets are making their return in it!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.