All of the new uniques in Diablo 4 Season 3
Diablo 4 Season 3, Season of the Construct, goes live today and will have plenty of new activities for players to jump into including new story quests, a new seasonal companion system, quality of life updates, and most importantly, new unique items to collect! There’s one new set of gloves that are class-agnostic and one new exclusive item for each class that players can earn in Season 3. These new items will be part of the unique target farming pool of rewards and can be earned by defeating The Beast in Ice.
Now that you know where to get the new uniques, let’s take a look at what they do!
- Paingorger’s Gauntlets — Gloves
- Damaging enemies with a cast Non–Basic Skill marks them for 3 seconds. When a Basic Skill first hits a marked enemy, the Basic Skill’s damage is echoed to all marked enemies, dealing 100–200%[x] increased damage.
- Ring of the Ravenous — Ring
- Rend’s duration is increased by 2.0–4.0 seconds. Damaging enemies with Brawling Skills applies 2 stacks of Rend’s Bleed. This effect can only occur once every 4 seconds per enemy.
- Every 25 seconds, Upheaval is guaranteed to Overpower and deals 10–20% increased damage. This timer is reduced by 4 seconds when Upheaval Overpowers a Boss or an Elite enemy.
Every Barbarian I’ve encountered in Diablo 4 so far is an unstoppable killing machine, and this ring appears to add on to that quite well by bolstering Upheaval for both levelling and endgame scenarios.
- Unsung Ascetic’s Wraps — Gloves
- Lightning Storm gains 1 additional strike each time it grows. Lightning Storm Critical Strikes cause lightning to strike twice, dealing 10–20% increased damage.
These gloves seem like they would work well while levelling but could see some stiff competition in endgame with the different build options available to Druids.
- Mutilator Plate — Body Armor
- You are Blood Lanced, and when Blood Lance would deal damage to you it instead Fortifies you for 1–2% of your Maximum Life and has a 5% chance to form a Blood Orb. Blood Lance deals 10–20%[x] increased damage.
Necromancer is a class I haven’t played at all in Diablo 4 but this unique reads like it puts Blood Lance on steroids with some synergy potential when paired with certain other unique items. Since Blood Orbs require a lot of commitment to be effective in endgame, this piece seems like it can add towards the spawn rate, though I’ll let my fellow Necromancers be the ultimate judge on if it truly moves the needle.
- Starfall Coronet — Helm
- Meteor now has 2 charges and a 11–6 second Charge Cooldown instead of a Mana cost and drops 3 additional meteors around the target. Meteor’s Enchantment effect and Enhanced Meteor drop 1 additional meteor.
I’ll be rolling a new Sorcerer for Season of the Construct and I think this new helm seems interesting enough, if a bit niche. The ability to create extra meteors does warrant some extra attention for those who prefer Meteor focused builds.
- Beastfall Boots — Boots
- When you cast an Ultimate skill, your next Core skill consumes all of your energy and deals 0.5–1.5% increased damage per Energy consumed. Using a Cooldown restores 5 energy.
I’m not too sure how I feel about this one. I last played a Rogue in Season of the Malignant, so obviously it could have changed a lot between then and now. My issue with the Rogue Ultimates is that they can feel underpowered when in use. The tradeoff of all your energy doesn’t seem worth it — though my opinion may change when I see how it plays in real time.
Obviously, things read differently on paper versus seeing it during live gameplay but with how creative folks get with their builds, any one of these items could jump to the top of someone’s list based on their style of play. The new uniques won’t be the only thing worth paying attention to in Season of the Construct so keep your eyes on the site to stay up-to-date on everything going on!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.