Newly buffed Bastion nerfed in latest Overwatch patch
Bastion received a big rework in the Overwatch patch that went live on Tuesday, but his new Ironclad passive has already gotten a significant nerf. He’ll still have more survivability than he used to, but shouldn’t be quite so intimidating to other players. There are a few other defensive nerfs in the mix, too — including Ana’s Nano Boost, Orisa’s Fortify, and Zarya’s Barriers — so check the full patch notes below for the full story. (However, basketball is still OP.)
This patch is now live on PC, but PlayStation and Xbox players will have to wait — and deal with super-survivability Bastion — for a while longer.
A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.
- The total damage reduction that a hero can receive while buffed (e.g. from Ana’s Nano Boost and Orisa’s Fortify) has been capped at 50% (formerly 70%)
- Bastion now takes 20% less damage while in Configuration: Sentry or Tank (formerly 35%)
Developer Comments: After introducing the new Ironclad passive ability in the last patch, Bastion felt a little too difficult to deal with. This reduction maintains his survivability while he’s transformed, but he shouldn’t feel so overbearing to enemies.
- Particle Barrier
- No longer protects Zarya from knockback
- Projected Barrier
- No longer protects allies from knockback
Developer Comments: This change is actually reverting an attempted bug fix from a previous patch. Now, Zarya’s barriers no longer protect players who are hit by a knockback effect that pierces the shield. This change does not affect knockback abilities that occur outside the barriers. For example, if Zarya has a barrier on herself and is hit by one of Pharah’s concussive blasts, she won’t be affected, because the barrier blocked the effect. However, if Winston uses his ultimate and starts to swing at Zarya, it will now knock her back even if a protective barrier is active, since melee attacks pierce barriers.
- Fixed an issue preventing heroes in 1v1 Mystery Duel from being shuffled correctly
- Fixed an issue preventing players from loading the Season 1 and 2 leaderboards
- Fixed an issue preventing D.Va’s Defense Matrix from properly blocking enemy fire that has passed through another enemy hero
- Fixed an issue preventing Winston’s hitbox from lining up with his pose while crouched
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.