You will be able to clone your WoW Classic characters, and play them on both Classic Era and Burning Crusade servers
Blizzard has announced that, as soon as the patch for Burning Crusade: Classic is released, you will be able to keep playing in one of the two games, or use a brand new character service that they will introduce that will allow you to “clone” an existing character, and have copies of that character on both types of servers.
To simplify the process, here’s a quick rundown of everything you need to know:
- On patch day, you’ll be able to open the Battle.net desktop app and choose which game you want to play—Burning Crusade Classic or WoW Classic.
- Your existing characters will show on both game types under your old realm name/s.
- Once you’ve chosen a game to play, you’ll select a character to play and confirm your choice.
- If you decide you’d like to play your character in both game types, you’ll be able to use an optional paid service to gain access to the cloned character in both game types.
- Then all you need to do is log in as you normally would and play.
This seems like it fulfills the objective of giving all kinds of players a valid option to play the way they want. They don’t have to worry about making a choice if they want to stay, but their guild wants to move on, for example. As we have mentioned before, all of the existing WoW Classic servers will be updated to Burning Crusade content, while brand-new Classic Era servers that will stay locked into “Vanilla” WoW content will be created. It will be your choice to either stay and be upgraded to BC, move on to a new server in order to keep playing in the Classic Era… or clone your characters, and do both of those things!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.