StarCraft Remastered gets its first round of bug fixes in latest patch
Well, you have to expect a few bugs in a game with this many Zerg in it, right?
Some of the issues were less bugs and more consequences of the remaster — the Zerg burrow holes being harder to see on the new, high-resolution dark tilesets springs to mind. But the options reverting to default bug is something I’ve seen in so many games I’m not surprised it happened in StarCraft Remastered. Similarly, having issues with the game not starting in HD isn’t a huge surprise. While graphical bugs were almost a certainty with a project like this, it’s good to see that fixed. I’m hoping they get the matchmaking known issue fixed sooner rather than later, because that’s the heart of StarCraft for a lot of players and it needs to be working properly.
For a complete list of changes and fixes, we have the patch notes reproduced below.
1.20.1 has arrived. We are continuing to address server and web interface in parallel. We will make posts when those fixes go out as well.
Specific Changes & Improvements
- Revoked Zerg disappearing act; burrow holes now stand out better on dark tilesets
- The HDs are available on start up for players with Remastered (one exception; see Known Issues)
- Players will no longer hallucinate that the death animation of hallucinated units is offset… mirages are tricky
- Options have been convinced to stop reverting to their default state
- Interstitial sound effects have found their voice
- General optimization and performance improvements based on live data
- Improved matchmaking processing to reduce game results being dropped
- Running from a desktop shortcut will start in SD (use F5 or Options to switch to HD), will be fixed in next patch
- Resolving matchmaking fails – have a solution in test
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.