Mechagnomes and Vulpera are the new Allied Races coming in patch 8.3
We’ve known that we’d be getting new Allied Races at some point, and we’ve had hints and suspicious updates that pointed at some races as more likely than others. Specifically, Mechagnomes had unique dances added during patch 8.2’s PTR and Vulpera had customization options datamined. Blizzard had said previously that simply adding things like different faces and skins — the options we generally have access to in the character creation screen — doesn’t necessarily mean that those races will be available to players. It happens to help them in creating NPCs and creating a more immersive world. However, they also sneakily led us a bit astray, since those very Vulpera customizations do now mean players can play as them.
Classes and Racials
- Classes: Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior
- Customization: The best female Mechagnome customization options and the best male Mechagnome customization options (there are so many options)
- Mount: Mechagon Mechanostrider
- Combat Analysis: You gather and analyze combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat by 2, stacking up to 8 times. The data decays while out of combat.
- Hyper Organic Light Originator: Summon Organic Light duplicates to distract your foes.
- Re-Arm: When you fall below 20% health, heal for 20% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 min.
- Re-Attached: You’ve recently Re-Armed and cannot benefit from it again.
- Mastercraft: You function as a personal Blacksmithing Anvil, Cooking Fire, and Mining Forge. In addition, your limbs include every profession tool.
- Skeleton Pinkie: Allows opening of locked chests and doors that require a skill level up to 100.
- Classes: Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior
- Customization: Every possible female Vulpera customization option and male Vulpera customization option
- Mount: Caravan Hyena
- Make Camp: Make a camp at this location. Can only be used outdoors.
- Return to Camp: Return to your camp (1 hour cooldown).
- Bag of Tricks: Pull your chosen trick from the bag and use it on target enemy or ally (1.5 min cooldown).
- Rummage Your Bag: Change your chosen tricks (5 min cooldown).
- Nose For Trouble: When you first take damage from an enemy, reduce that damage by 5% of your maximum health.
- Fire Resistance: Reduces Fire damage taken by 1%.
- Alpaca Saddlebags: Increases the size of your backpack by 8 slots.
Allied Race Requirements
The requirements to unlock the new Allied Races are very similar to the previous races we’ve had, and very easy if you have been playing through this expansion. For Horde players, you’ll need to complete the Vol’dun quest line — very easy if you leveled through the zone at all — and be exalted with the Voldunai. For Alliance, if you already have Pathfinder Part Two, you’re well on your way — you just need to be exalted with the Rustbolt Resistance. And just like the the previous Allied Races, once you’re exalted with the requisite factions, you’ll just need to complete a quest line to finish unlocking the new races and welcome them to your faction.
This week we have the Darkmoon Faire going on, which includes a 10% experience and reputation buff. If you want to play one of the new Allied Races in patch 8.3 but haven’t caught up on reputations, now is a good time to do it.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.