Here’s what item level you’ll need to run Castle Nathria — and what item level you’ll get for downing its bosses
So you want to run Castle Nathria. A wise decision! Raiding is fun, and vampires are cool. But we all know the real reason why we all want to raid: the loot, right? So you might be wondering: What item-level loot drops from the first Shadowlands raid? And furthermore, when does it all become available? The expansion itself releases on October 26 — but what about the start of PVE and PVP Season 1?
Fret no longer, my dear reader, for here is all the Castle Nathria information you need!
Normal difficulty becomes available November 10.
- The first eight bosses drop item level 200 gear
- The last two bosses drop item level 207 gear — which is also the item level for the gear dropped by the four World Bosses.
Heroic difficulty becomes available November 10, same as Normal difficulty.
- The first eight bosses drop item level 213 gear
- The last two bosses drop item level 220 gear.
Mythic difficulty becomes available November 17, one week after Normal and Heroic difficulties.
- The first eight bosses drop item level 226 gear
- The last two bosses drop item level 233 gear.
Unlike the other difficulties, LFR opens over the course of several weeks:
- Wing 1: opens November 17, one week after Normal and Heroic difficulties
- Wing 2: opens December 1, two weeks after Wing 1
- Wing 3: opens December 15, two weeks after Wing 2
- Wing 4: opens January 5, three weeks after Wing 3 — be mindful of the extra week!
Your character needs to have an average item level of 185 to be able to queue for the Raid Finder version of Castle Nathria.
And there you have it. Use this release schedule to plan out when and how you want to storm this vampiric castle — and have fun!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.