This weekend, Blizzard Watch will be streaming another episode of our D&D adventure in Otherweald
Last month’s TTRPG stream was a special Mass Effect-themed one shot game, but now Joltin’ Joe Perez is back to DM us through another installment of his Otherweald campaign, and the gang will set out from their current location in the desert towards the jungle location of the ancient temple of Lilith to reclaim a jeweled chalice sacred to Hela, goddess of death.
That’s right, this Saturday, June 26 at 2:30 PM Central on our Twitch channel — that’s tomorrow! — you can listen to this group do its usual unusual antics and possibly even manage to achieve our objective, although I wouldn’t count on it.
Here’s the Dramatis Personae for our little group:
- Cory: Yordle, a Tortle Druid from the Circle of Spores who just escaped a weird extra-dimensional carnival and is now hanging around with the party for reasons not yet shared.
- Andrew: Diener, an Air Genasi Warlock (Genie Patron). Diener was created by the Primordials to serve the mortal races. He tries to serve Rahn, mostly against their will.
- Deb: Mairsy Dotes, a Rock Gnome Wizard with a home-brewed Illusionist Tinker subclass, who’s accompanied by her cute little Smilodon companion cub Toobee.
- Matt: Mae hi’n llew, a Leonin Fighter (Rune Knight). Mae is a member of a pride named the Stelciwr Cra that patrols the Northern Reaches between Jotunberg and the Hidden Grove.
- Liz: Rahn, a Changeling Rogue (Phantom) who, until a recent change of heart, served a death cult to the goddess Lilith. Now she’s pals with the priests of Hela.
- Anne: Quint, the wandering Half-Orc monk (Way of the Astral Self) who accidentally found their way into the Astral Circus. Now they’re following the party because everything is new and interesting.
If you remember our recap from last time, you’ll know that the party fought off a Harpy attack, watched our Goblin pilot go berserk and his half goblin, half dwarf children poked him with sticks to direct him to use his axe hand in combat, and of course there was a shopping portion of the episode where Mae traded her raise dead boon to a shopkeeper for two magic lion statues because she wanted two magic lion statues. She hasn’t named them yet.
Hopefully, this week we’ll either reach the temple of Lilith, or we’ll decide not to go there and instead completely divert the entire adventure to a magical city instead. Never letting that go. [Ed’s note: In Matt’s game, we apparently side-stepped the adventure because we thought it was too dangerous.]
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.