Blizzard Watch Weekly Wrap-up: The latest about Diablo 4 and the WoW Trading Post
We’ve had a bunch of busy weeks lately, but this week was actually pretty quiet. Suspiciously quiet. But even so we have a small batch of Diablo 4 updates as well as details on the March Trading Post in WoW — both of which have some spicy new rewards for you.
So let’s check out what’s happened in the last week, and what we can expect to start soon.
- A new batch of cosmetic rewards showed up for the March Trading Post in WoW this week. We have a full list of the rewards — including the Harlequin outfit for completing the month’s Travler’s Log — as well as tips on getting those tricky ones where you have to dress your best.
- We have a bunch of guides to help you progress through the game’s most complicated Season yet!
- Where do you even find the Altar of Rites? Unlike most things in Diablo 3, which move with you from Act to Act, the Altar is only in New Tristram.
- How to get Primordial Ashes, which you’ll need to finish maxing out your Altar of Rites… but you’ll have to sacrifice some Primal Ancients to do so.
- How to craft the ultra-rare Staff of Herding… just to destroy it at the Altar of Rites. This one’s really going to hurt, but the power gains are worth it. Probably.
- The Darkmoon Faire returns in World of Warcraft this Sunday. Don’t forget to stop by to pick up your bonus profession knowledge for the month!
- While we don’t have any news just yet, WoW patch 10.0.7 is almost certain to arrive this month — I expect to see a release date announced within the next week, so keep your eyes open for more news.
Everything is coming up Diablo 4
- I mentioned this last week, but it’s coming our way very soon: Diablo 4’s first beta weekend (available if you’ve pre-ordered the game) is just two weeks away, running from Friday March 17 at 9am pacific to Monday March 20 at 12pm pacific.
- We now know that participating in the Diablo 4 beta will have its own special rewards, most notably an adorable baby wolf that snuggles into a sling on your back. (Don’t worry: the wolf is a cosmetic item and cannot be harmed by the many dangers of Sanctuary.) You’ll have to reach level 20 across the two beta weekends in order to earn it in the live game.
- We learned a little more about the game’s Strongholds — formerly called camps — this week. These are monster-infested areas you’ll be able to clear out, leaving space for the denizens of Sanctuary to move back in. You may find new merchants, townsfolk, and even dungeons available after you clear a Stronghold.
The Blizzard Watch Podcast will be delayed next week. If you listen live, you can catch us Wednesday on Twitch at 7pm central. If you’re a Patreon supporter, you can get early access to the episode on Thursday (sorry, no pre-show this week). And for regular listeners, you should see it in your podcast app on Friday, as usual.
And that’s all for the news this week. Take care and have a good weekend!
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.