Blizzard panels and swag at San Diego Comic-Con
Blizzard will once again be at San Diego Comic-Con, which runs this week from Thursday July 20 to Sunday July 23. They’ll be present at several panels and have the usual new convention swag for sale (though it isn’t exclusive to SDCC this year). Two panels are exclusively Blizzard, with one devoted completely to Doomfist as the latest hero to join Overwatch. The other panels are mostly to do with story and development. Dark Horse will also be presenting new media for tie-ins, including the just announced Chronicle Volume 3.
As for awesome convention swag, Blizzard is doing something different with loot this year, so don’t be disappointed if you can’t get to SDCC. Blizzard is doing away with the only SDCC exclusives and instead introducing convention or Blizzard exclusives. SDCC will either introduce cool merchandise you can get at the various conventions or mark the launch of new products. Convention exclusives will only be sold at conventions like BlizzCon, Gamescom, and SDCC, while Blizzard exclusives will be available at conventions as well as the online Gear store. SDCC has been known for Blizzard’s exclusive items, which were insanely popular but a pain to get even for attendees. Blizzard is also utilizing the Blink lines they introduced at last year’s BlizzCon, allowing SDCC attendees to purchase swag ahead of time and pick up later.
Thursday, July 20
- 3:30 – 4:30pm PDT, Room 24ABC: Creating Immersive Game Story
- 5:00 – 6:00pm PDT, Room 23ABC: Console Yourself: Video Game Comics and Books
- 7:00 – 8:00pm PDT, Room 25ABC: Simulated Worlds: Writing for Virtual Reality and Games
- How virtual reality changes stories and writing, as well as the challenges in adapting stories to a new medium. Includes
Friday, July 21
- 3:15 – 4:15pm PDT, Room 6BCF: Building Worlds with Blizzard
- Behind the scenes look at how Blizzard creates their game universes and characters, building stories through
- 7:00 – 8:00pm PDT, Room Room 6BCF: Behind the Scenes of Overwatch‘s Newest Hero
- Behind the scenes look at Doomfist in Overwatch, including the process of developing the story, art, and gameplay. Includes
- 8:00 – 9:00pm PDT, Room Room 11: An Adventure in Digital Storytelling
- How creators tell stories in a digital world and turn story concepts into a fully-fleshed-out world. Includes senior Overwatch writer
Overwatch Cute But Deadly Golden Soldier: 76
Limited edition Hearthstone key art print for Knights of the Frozen Throne
Limited edition Overwatch Anniversary key art print
Limited edition Overwatch Uprising recruitment posters (set of 5)
Funko Pop! Vinyl Carbon Fiber D.Va & MEKA Buddy
Cute But Deadly Colossal Sized Arthas
Cute But Deadly Colossal Sized Bastion
Overwatch Doomfist T-Shirt
Overwatch D.Va Bunny Backpack Keychain (it glows!)
Overwatch New Era Hat
Tokidoki Overwatch items will premier at SDCC as well:
I think the move away from completely SDCC-exclusive merchandise is a great decision and lets attendees enjoy the convention rather than spend all their time standing in line. I’m still a little sad for all the past exclusive swag I’ll never get, but these new ones are pretty great. Anyone else looking forward to getting some of these?
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.