Bosses in 5 Seconds: Hellfire Citadel LFR – Halls of Blood
The second wing of Hellfire Citadel LFR, Halls of Blood, opens up today on US realms. It consists of three bosses: Hellfire High Council, Kilrogg Deadeye, and Gorefiend. Our bosses in 5 seconds series focuses on the core points you need to know going into these fights.
Keep in mind that you’ll need a minimum item level of 650 to queue for Hellfire Citadel LFR. This can be accomplished quite quickly by adventuring in Tanaan Jungle.
Hellfire High Council
- This is your traditional council fight, consisting of Dia Darkwhisper, Gurtogg Bloodboil, and Blademaster Jubei’thos.
- They do not share health and should be killed one at a time with single target damage. Recommended kill order is Gurtogg > Blademaster > Dia.
- If you get Reap, move out of the raid to drop it. Kill Mirror Images that spawn. Avoid standing under the flying ghosts.
- Healers be prepared to focus on whoever is targeted with Fel Rage. Dispel Mark of the Necromancer when the debuff icon changes from purple to red.
- If Dia is dying first or second and causing wipes, consider having one tank keep her away from the other two bosses to avoid cleave damage. This is a required mechanic in Normal difficulty and above, but not LFR.
- Kill the adds.
- General add priority: Blood Globules (oozes) > Salivating Bloodthirsters (little adds) > Hulking Terror (big adds).
- If oozes get to Kilrogg, they will deal raid-wide damage and heal Kilrogg.
- If the little adds get to the fel pool, they will turn into big adds.
- Tanks should face the big adds away from the raid.
- Players targeted with Heart Seeker should get out of the raid and run as far away from the boss as possible. Everyone else should avoid standing in the path (there’s an arrow coming out of Kilrogg) to prevent more oozes from spawning.
- Approximately every minute, Kilrogg will cast Visions of Death, placing three green circles on the ground in front of him.
- Three players need to stand in these circles, ideally one healer and two dps.
- When transported down, kill adds until you die or run out of time.
- Upon returning, DPS will have a massive damage buff to aid in killing Kilrogg. Healers will have an Undying Salvation aura and should briefly stand near the tanks to cleanse Fel Corruption.
- Kill the adds. Seriously.
- There are two alternating phases.
- Phase 1: Shadow of Death
- Kill the adds! The general priority is Gorebound Spirit (big guy) > Gorebound Essence (caster) > Gorebound Construct (skeleton) > Gorefiend.
- Tanks need to tank the big add, players fixated by the skeletons should run away until it’s dead.
- Players targeted with Touch of Doom should run to the edge of the room to let it explode.
- Phase 2: Feast of Souls
- Random players will receive Shadow of Death, killing them and transporting them into Gorefiend’s stomach.
- Kill adds inside the stomach. Tanks should tank the big add.
- Healers should heal the friendly adds.
- Leave the stomach before your Digest debuff expires by running into the center of the room (same place the adds are all walking to).
If you want more details on these fights, you may also want to check out our class-specific guides:
- Paladin tanking tips for the Hellbreach and Halls of Blood
- Retribution Paladin tips for breaching Hellfire Citadel
- Hellfire Citadel 101 for Rogues
- Holy Paladin tips for Hellbreach and Halls of Blood
- Elemental Shaman hotfixes and Hellfire Citadel
- Priest healing in Hellbreach and Halls of Blood
- Hellfire Citadel cheat sheet for Hunters
- Navigating your Druid through Hellfire Citadel’s Halls of Blood
- Hellbreach and Halls of Blood for Warlocks
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.