Breakfast Topic: Blizzard’s crazy crossovers
Though most of Blizzard’s games are set in fairly unique environments — fantasy for Warcraft, scifi for StarCraft, supernatural for Diablo, and so forth — there are times and places where these (and other) worlds collide in the strangest ways. (And what world is Overwatch set in to have arcade games in which we see Garrosh fighting Kerrigan?)
Certainly the most notable crossover, however, is Heroes of the Storm, in which every Blizzard game is squished together in a mega mashup. But the crossovers go beyond that, with skins that suggest new worlds we haven’t seen.
Let’s just look at some of the skins on offer in Heroes:
- Spectre Illidan offers a glimpse at a Warcraft/StarCraft crossover
- Countess Kerrigan suggests I’m not even sure what (but it’s probably a game I would play)
- Roller Derby Nova also suggests a game I’d play
- Pajamathur seems to exist in some sort of pajama party alternate universe
- Cyb’arak‘s description suggests some kind of Blizzard-themed scifi-verse, but reminds me of Ghost in the Shell
- Super Sonya offers a glimpse of a superhero-themed Blizzard world
So with all of these ridiculous crossovers, which do you favor? What proposed crossover would you like to see get a spin-off of its own — or what kind of equally crazy crossover would you like to see in the future?
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.