Blizzard Watch Week in Review: Doomfist and Death Knights
Finally, the teasing is over: this week, we got our first look at Overwatch hero Doomfist and Hearthstone expansion Knights of the Frozen Throne. Check out all of this week’s news below!
Happening next week
- Somehow it’s already July, which means a new month and new events in WoW— including our first chance at Black Temple Timewalking. Want to know more about Black Temple? Blizzard has a design retrospective of this classic raid.
- We should be getting new hero Stukov plus a Xul rework in Heroes of the Storm this Tuesday. The Heroes PTR is online now if you want to check out the changes.
- The last batch of BlizzCon 2017 tickets is sold out, but you have until July 14 (that’s next Friday) to snag a ticket elsewhere. After Friday, ticketholder names can no longer be changed. If you’re still looking for a ticket, try LF BlizzCon.
- WoW’s Midsummer Fire Festival is over, but Hearthstone’sMidsummer Fire Festival has just begun. Get in game for a special Ragnaros brawl and doubt quest gold.
- Hearthstone, Heroes, and Overwatch are the highlights of this weekend’s esports competitions.
Everything you need to know about lore
- Rossi takes a look at the things we don’t know about Legion in the latest Know Your Lore.
- Taking a detour from WoW, Anne talks about Overwatch’s latest hero, Doomfist.
World of Warcraft
- Want 7.3 spoilers? We’ve got 7.3 spoilers.
- Some serious changes are coming to Artifact Knowledge in patch 7.3, which should make it easy for everyone to catch up to the curve.
- Is Mythic raiding really worth it? Scott runs down the pros and cons.
- Anne talks about what makes for good roleplay in this week’s RP column.
- Blizzard has been teasing Doomfist since the very first Overwatch cinematic, and now he’s finally arriving in game. Here’s everything we know about Overwatch’s newest hero.
- You can now get a scholarship for your Overwatch skills at the University of California Irvine.
- We love socially awkward Roadhog.
- Hearthstone’s next expansion is Knights of the Frozen Throne, which turns all of your favorite heroes into Death Knights and offers Adventure-style battles through Icecrown Citadel.
- For anyone looking to build their Wild collections, Hearthstone’s old Expansions and Adventures are coming back to the Blizzard Store.
- Diablo 3’s 11th Season is still a couple of weeks away, but now we know the rewards.
- New hotfixes address some bugs before Season 11 kicks off, but unfortunately resets the game’s latest Era.
Please consider supporting our Patreon!
Join the Discussion
Blizzard Watch is a safe space for all readers. By leaving comments on this site you agree to follow our commenting and community guidelines.